Several Things You Need to Know about Drug Addiction Testing
Drug tests are required pretty much everywhere these days. As an employer, you can never be too sure about your workers or the people that you want to hire. So, in order to make sure that you stay within the fine lines of the law, you may need to ask your current or future employees to to perform a drug test. Luckily, the process is straightforward. All you need to do is direct your employees to a drug abuse testing service provider. Here are several things they may need to know before undertaking a drug test.
What to do:
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to an alcohol test.
Do not take any illegal drugs.
Bring your ID to the drug addiction testing facility.
What NOT to do:
- If you’re scheduled for a hair test, then you should know that we’ll need 1.5” of hair in order to administer the test. In other words, do not shave your head before a hair drug test.
- Do not use alcohol-base mouthwash prior to your drug test.
- Do not drink excessive amounts of water prior to the test. Too much water in your body may cause your urine to be too diluted for the test.
What to expect during the test:
- If you’re scheduled for an urine drug test, then you will be expected to provide a sample of urine within three minutes of entering a single toilet bathroom. Flushing the toilet after you provide the sample may render the whole test invalid.
- Once you provide a sample, we will make sure that it meets our collection criteria. There are two ways to perform an urine drug test: in the lab and on-site. If you’re scheduled for an express test, the tester will then test the urine for drugs immediately. If you’re scheduled for a lab test, then the sample will be packaged and prepared for transportation to the lab.
If you’re looking for a reliable and professional drug addiction testing facility in Las Vegas, NV, then search no further than All States DUI School. Our phone is (702) 829-3052. Call us if you have any further questions.